• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Card going bad? or heat?

tissimo

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 8, 2007
Messages
318
I've had my evga GTX260 ssc for over a year and after a 3-4 months of not playing games I went back to it a couple months ago and it started to artifact in TF2. I lowered the overclocks some and it went away for like a month or so but now its starting it again (went from 726/1475/1250 to 700/1425/1200). I haven't cleaned the card out ever but temps are ~ 55-60*C (fan @ 60%). Do you think it might be a cooling issue or card is going bad? I've never had a card start to lose its ability to overclock before?

I'll be trying stock clocks now, but I've never had a card start to lose its ability to overclock before. Do you think the card is on its way out or might be a heat issue (even though reporting mild temps)?
 
why not actually clean out the card first since you have never done so? that would make more sense then starting a thread first.
 
I posted first because I was pretty sure it wasn't the issue as the temps were low. I thought maybe there was a hot spot or something though, but I cleaned out the card this morning and it didn't help.

any other thoughts?
 
Could be deteriorating. My E6300 used to hold 2.8Ghz, it has been slowly dropping to 2.4GHz
 
Back
Top