• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Card blown or what ?

Skitz

n00b
Joined
Jan 2, 2006
Messages
3
All of a sudden I started getting what looks like screen tearing on ut 2004. It will all of a sudden jump my charecter off to the side or sometimes has even jumped him to a completely different hallway. So today I reinstalled original drivers of my video card just to see if i might of changed anythign with the new drivers and now charecters adn world detail are graying out. I did instal powerstrip after the orignal problem started to occur so i could overclock my vid card by 25 mhz it helped for about 2 days then the problem returned.

I have a geforce 5200 fx card 128mb. 2.6 proccesor and 1.5 gig ram.

Please reply in lamen terms:) I am not the smartest person about pc's :).
 
cyks said:
The first problem sounds like lag.
I agree, sounds just like a simple case of lag.

Have you tried reinstalling ut2k4?
 
Have you noticed this in other games, or any other time?

 
Well after the effect of the graying in ut2004 I noticed that on my shoulder pieces and other things gray out that have a certain amount of detail in wow too. Just yesterday I reset all orginal settings in ut2004 and switched back to the dvd3 driver instead of the openGl one and doing this seems to have fixed it for the time being well the lagging problem but it did decrease my framerate some. But i still get graying out of items still on both games.
 
You may try reinstalling ut2k4. You should be able to backup your saves and load them into the fresh install.
 
Back
Top