• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Card Advice Needed

John Nice

n00b
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
19
I am putting together an HTPC, and need advice for a good, cheap low profile AGP card.

The box may get used for a little CS Source-ing for visiting friends, but otherwise shouldn't be getting tasked too badly.

Also, I could use a few recommendations on the best gaming card for around $150.

I'm ATI/NVidia agnostic, and could go up a bit, if the features warrant it.

thanks.
 
Personally I would go with the 9600GT for $10-20 more - its faster, uses less power, and generates less heat than the GTS 320mb. Pretty much a win-win.
 
1.) 8800GT or 9600GT, which ever you can find a killer deal on, you still WIN.

2.) I'll have to doubel check on that one... AGP + Low-Profile = YUCK
 
Definatly for your agp get the ATI 3850
For the other card id recommend the 8800GT and yea the 8800GTS that you see above. I rather choose a 8800GT rather than a 9600GT the price difference isn't that big either.
 
I don't think you can get the 3850 in a lowprofile tho. I could be wrong, have a link to one?
 
Back
Top