Car finder in a parking lot

GPS works at night it uses satellite beams that are unaffected by light conditions. Your phone may have a setting that turns your GPS off at a certain time... but that's weird--also possible that where you are usually at night GPS doesn't work. It won't work in certain places for certain reasons. Anyway there are lots of Android apps for finding your car. Not sure if any of them are that great but if this is an ongoing problem I might suggest:
Orbital Finder's Auto Finder: at 60 bucks and half a mile range it's probably worth a try.

I use Nokia windows phone. I won't be surprise there is an application for that. However, I don't carry my cellular phone over the weekend or after 4 pm. And that's when the parking lot get dark when I can't find the damn car

Yah that Orbital Finder is worth looking at but I would take a look at Consumer Reports or something if possible to see if the unit will last.

if you park in a structure or underground, the GPS wouldn't work.
try a pedometer, pace beads, or a car remote Panic button.

it will give false signal, i.e., telling me to drive to some road that is wrong, telling me to make u turn, then some other moment it becomes correct, so you have to sort out which instruction is false and which ones are real

I think if you can't remember where you parked you vehicle. You got bigger problems then a gps or cellphone apps. Can't you use the panic button on the remote? What about buying a flashlight. Using a note and writing down where you parked the car at? Perhaps you are getting side tracked at work. But buying more devices isn't going to solve the issue. You need to find a more logical way to remember where you parked or just ride with someone or take the bus.

I consistently lose my car in the parking lot of Walmart. Only time it happens really but I only leave the house to go to Walmart.

:D Happy Holidays!

the parking lots of the mall is way too large. Several football field in circle. It's too easy to forget where your car is. Panic button on what remote? a car remote? didn't they say at CNN that there is some gadget that can clone those code and open your car door? I don't use car remote

Auto-Finder Competitor Comparison

Wireless RDF - Auto-Finder

- Works up to ½ mile away
- Works in parking structures and garages
- No Way-Point Marking required
- Fits on keychain
- Points to your vehicle in seconds

GPS - Bushnell GPS Backtrack Personal Locator, iPhone app "Take Me to My Car",
Garmin, Magellan, TomTom GPS devices

- Require open-sky access and do not work in parking structures
- Require Way-Point Marking each time
- Doesn't fit on keychain
- Average wait time of 3-5 minutes at parking location before initial Way-Point can be marked

RFID - Loc8tor, Brickhouse Child Locator

- RFID tag have very limited range (<80 yards)
- Signal blocked by cars and people
- Doesn't fit on keychain
- Short battery life of RFID tags (30 days)

Custom - LoJack Auto Theft Recovery System, On-Star Vehicle Communication System, Remote Keyless Entry

LoJack Auto Theft Recovery System

- For locating stolen vehicles only
- Does not point drivers to their vehicles in parking lots

On-Star Vehicle Communication System

- For remote vehicle diagnostics and emergency assistance
- Does not point drivers to their vehicles in parking lots

Remote Keyless Entry

- Range 50-100 feet
- Alerts criminals to your destination

This looks like it's pretty much custom tailored for you. I'm surprised you drive at all if you are so suspicious of technology :D

I'm still waiting for Bushnell to get back to me, apparently, they don't reply email

Bushnell never reply to me, so I call them. Apparently, their unit works at night time, just as good as day time. And there is no monthly fee.

So what I don't get is, who's paying for the GPS? Why would some GPS out there allow me to use it?

And is Bushnell a good brand? As I don't know this co.

Bushnell never reply to me, so I call them. Apparently, their unit works at night time, just as good as day time. And there is no monthly fee.

So what I don't get is, who's paying for the GPS? Why would some GPS out there allow me to use it?

And is Bushnell a good brand? As I don't know this co.

Do yourself a favor and go look up GPS on wikipedia. It was paid for by the .us government primarily for military use at first. There's now at least three systems up there though the major ones are GPS (USA) and GLONASS. (Russia) I think the EU may be doing their own as well.

If the satellites would not be working at dark, we would be screwed with TV and phones :p

If you have smartphone, get the app for that. Cheaper, faster, one less device to carry with you

Neat I guess, but if I'm in a large space I usually put a tack down in the exact location on the Maps app (iPhone user), and go by that, works ok.

Usually I just click the lock button repeatedly until I hear the beep, then follow the beep, hah.

The problem can be avoided by taking a moment to look at your surroundings and take note of where you parked. :p

Back