Capture Cards + nVidia Surround

Master_Pain

Supreme [H]ardness
So, I was looking at capture cards to stream to twitch, and it looks like Avermedia makes some decent ones, or at least easy to use. But they use passthrough.

Games at 3600x1920 just use way too much juice to use the GPUs for everything and it's a pretty noticeable hit that affects my gameplay.

I use 3 monitors in Surround + an accessory monitor. From what I gather, that won't work unless I want to give up the accessory monitor and make clone it for the capture card.

I don't believe I can add a second accessory monitor, 5 in total, off of 2 - 780s.

Any ways to do this that I am not thinking of?

Are you saying that streaming is lowering your framerate by a lot? The encoding is handled by your CPU so its not that your GPU's juice is running dry or anything.

Have you tried Open Broadcaster Software using NVENC (nvidia's 264 encoder)? The performance hit is minimal.

At first i was going to suggest you use Intel QuickSync video but you don't have an iGPU on that 4930k.

Are you saying that streaming is lowering your framerate by a lot? The encoding is handled by your CPU so its not that your GPU's juice is running dry or anything.

Have you tried Open Broadcaster Software using NVENC (nvidia's 264 encoder)? The performance hit is minimal.

At first i was going to suggest you use Intel QuickSync video but you don't have an iGPU on that 4930k.

Yup, I tried using NVENC and it seemed to help a bit, but not enough. And my CPU isn't being tasked too much. Like 25-50% on average. Should I try out xsplit and see if it's better than OBS?

So, I was looking at capture cards to stream to twitch, and it looks like Avermedia makes some decent ones, or at least easy to use. But they use passthrough.

Games at 3600x1920 just use way too much juice to use the GPUs for everything and it's a pretty noticeable hit that affects my gameplay.

I use 3 monitors in Surround + an accessory monitor. From what I gather, that won't work unless I want to give up the accessory monitor and make clone it for the capture card.

I don't believe I can add a second accessory monitor, 5 in total, off of 2 - 780s.

Any ways to do this that I am not thinking of?

Uhhh...Why not use NVidia GeForce Experience with Shadow play that has a built in feature to stream to Twitch? I have 2 Titans and using Shadow play is so much better then using Fraps, DXtory, etc. You can stream and record gameplay and save as mp4 format....Win win and its free to download with NVidia drivers.....

Uhhh...Why not use NVidia GeForce Experience with Shadow play that has a built in feature to stream to Twitch? I have 2 Titans and using Shadow play is so much better then using Fraps, DXtory, etc. You can stream and record gameplay and save as mp4 format....Win win and its free to download with NVidia drivers.....

It doesn't seem to work for me. I click Shadowplay and it acts like it's turning on, then flips off.

Also, when it did work, I couldn't get it to do windowed mode.

It doesn't seem to work for me. I click Shadowplay and it acts like it's turning on, then flips off.

Also, when it did work, I couldn't get it to do windowed mode.

Shadow play works great dude. I would uninstall GeForce experience via control panel and re-download it and install. you toggle it on by clicking it on the top right and then set your settings how you want. The hit to your GPU is so much less then using another program, as your gameplay is rendered by the gpu. You can customize to record with one click, save the last 2o minutes of recorded gameplay, and stream straight to your Twitch feed. I would definitely try installing it again rather then spending $$ on a capture card you do not need.

Shadow play works great dude. I would uninstall GeForce experience via control panel and re-download it and install. you toggle it on by clicking it on the top right and then set your settings how you want. The hit to your GPU is so much less then using another program, as your gameplay is rendered by the gpu. You can customize to record with one click, save the last 2o minutes of recorded gameplay, and stream straight to your Twitch feed. I would definitely try installing it again rather then spending $$ on a capture card you do not need.

I just reinstalled. It activated, but won't stream anything. Tried fullscreen, still nothing. I wish there were some settings, other than log in and herp derp. It probably doesn't play nice with Surround. Surround drivers are pretty shitty.

What exactly are you expecting it to do? Capture and stream triple-screens?

Back