• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

can't write data to blank dvd-r

Joined
Jun 5, 2005
Messages
3
Hello, I have an Asus DRW-1608P2 DVD combo drive. I am able to play and burn movies, but can not write data to it. When I click on D: it say total bytes 0 total space 0 (full) when i put a blank dvd-r into the drive. The drive is recognized in device manager and is working properly and with no error messages. Can burn and write to cd-r media fine.


Windows XP Home,P4 2.6c northwood,1024 MB Geil Ultra,BFG 6600 GT 600/1500.
 
Most likely the drive is shot. I had a drive that did the same thing to me and had to RMA it. You could try uninstalling the drive from device manager, or try flashing the firmware on the drive with the newest one from Asus.
 
Is it just one particular type/brand of disc? It may be a defective disc or a brand that's not "friendly" with the drive you have.
 
Back
Top