Cant watch Movies on left monitor of dual screen setup

Scotch77

Gawd
so I have a 8800GT with Dual samsung LCD's. I am running the newest drivers and have chosen the extended desktop option.

My problem comes that I cannot move playing videos to the right monitor from the left. I like to do my work on the left and then watch a movie or video on the left. But when I try to drag the movie over I still get sound and the video is just black.

I am running windows xp sp2 also.

If you download free software media player called VLC Media Player it is better about this. You open up the movie in it, stop the movie, move the player to the monitor you want the movie to appear in, and restart.

Actually stopping and restarting video in any player after dragging should do the trick, but I know this one works for sure.

I believe you get that when you try to watch a video on a non-primary monitor. If you set the one you want to watch videos on to your primary it should work. I think there may be another workaround as well by changing video settings but not sure. Google it.

If you download free software media player called VLC Media Player it is better about this. You open up the movie in it, stop the movie, move the player to the monitor you want the movie to appear in, and restart.

Actually stopping and restarting video in any player after dragging should do the trick, but I know this one works for sure.

I am using vlc and have tried the whole start and restart thing and still nothing, it just restarts with a black screen and regular sound.

If you use horizontal span mode in the nvidia control panel instead of dualview, it will eliminate rendering problems like that, though it might get annoying when you try to maximize windows.

Ok what u need if this didn't work is a video player that renders in directx. I cannot remember the exact one but it was either mplayer or guiplayer and it will fix your problem!

Back