Can't wake up from sleep after OC

ep3w

Gawd
I had everything working fine at 3.5Ghz then went for 3.6Ghz. I can pass 10 runs of IBT and 9+ hrs of p95 no problem. But it always goes into infinite boot loop when waking up from sleep now. Any idea which voltage/what could be causing this? Its only an issue at 3.6Ghz+

Edit: I've tried bumping up all the voltages I changed to OC and none help. At 3.7Ghz I can pass 20 runs IBT, 9+hours of p95 but get random shutdowns. I ran 9 hours of prime fine, stopped it, opened firefox and it crashed.

Last edited:
I just tried it again at 3.5Ghz and sleep works fine. Its only an issue at 3.6Ghz.

Just for giggles bump up the cpu volts some and than put it to sleep and see what happens.

i would say its the voltage. typically you need more voltage on a cold boot but less voltage when the system is actually running. you should only need a slight voltage bump since you are already stable on that voltage.

I just tried bumping up the CPU voltage a total of 5 notches and it still won't wake from sleep.

I've had an issue similar to this on my old Core i7 920: I found if I ran it at 4GHz with a 211x19 setting it would NEVER wake from sleep and do the same thing. Strangely running 4GHz with a 20x multi fixed it.

I'm gonna bump this. I still haven't figured out whats wrong. I tried all the normal voltages bumping them up by 3 notches or so and nothing worked. Tried setting all memory settings to auto and that did no good either. I'd love to go higher but can't live without sleep working

edit: Just checked S1 sleep does work, not S3

Last edited:
^^^ got an h50 hoping for more OC headroom but this is holding me back

Back