Can't use unlocked BF2 weapons??

pookguy88

Gawd
I've just reached staff sargent and unlocked a G36E for the medic and the other sniper gun L96A1 but I can't choose the sniper gun... what's up with that?

Also, I remember unlocking the F2000 awhile ago too but I can't seem to use that either.

pookguy88 said:
I've just reached staff sargent and unlocked a G36E for the medic and the other sniper gun L96A1 but I can't choose the sniper gun... what's up with that?

Also, I remember unlocking the F2000 awhile ago too but I can't seem to use that either.
is that on special forces or regular BF2? Becuase on special forces (the expansion), u can only use the unlocks if you are allied forces.

quiksilverx181 said:
is that on special forces or regular BF2? Becuase on special forces (the expansion), u can only use the unlocks if you are allied forces.

This is on SF.. and even then, when I was the British on Ghost Town I still wasn't able to select my L96A1

Json23 said:
You can unlock weapons in BF2? How do you do that?

Ok, dat funny. :D

Hey OP... The L96 is an unlock for USMC forces in regular BF2. I don't think you can use it in SF.

no they are individual.

It use to require a lot of work to get an unlock.. then the first patch came out....

Majin said:
no they are individual.

It use to require a lot of work to get an unlock.. then the first patch came out....

is there a website or something that tells me exactly which forces/maps/expansion can use which weapon?

WhyYouLoveMe said:
Ok, dat funny. :D

Hey OP... The L96 is an unlock for USMC forces in regular BF2. I don't think you can use it in SF.

I was being serious...

How many points you have in BF2? Do you play on ranked servers?

I hardly ever play, honestly. Normally I am playing CnC : Zero Hour.

But I don't remember anything about unlocking anything in BF2, that is why I asked. Now that I now I can get access to different weapons I might pick the game up again. (it was given to me as a gift)

There are ranked servers and unranked servers. Ranked servers keep track of ALL your stats and you accumulate points. At certain point intervals you are awarded "unlocks" and can choose from several different weapons in all the classes. Some of the unlocks are an improvement while others are not. In all cases there really isn't an unlock that "overpowers" others. (although some may beg to differ with me) Fun stuff! :D

WhyYouLoveMe said:
There are ranked servers and unranked servers. Ranked servers keep track of ALL your stats and you accumulate points. At certain point intervals you are awarded "unlocks" and can choose from several different weapons in all the classes. Some of the unlocks are an improvement while others are not. In all cases there really isn't an unlock that "overpowers" others. (although some may beg to differ with me) Fun stuff! :D

So I have to play in a ranked server? If so, are the points only good in that particular server, or does it store it on my PC and I keep the points no matter what ranked server I play on?

Json23 said:
So I have to play in a ranked server? If so, are the points only good in that particular server, or does it store it on my PC and I keep the points no matter what ranked server I play on?

Your points are stored with EA somewhere in the great beyond...

And yes, your points add up from ANY ranked server you play on.

WhyYouLoveMe said:
Your points are stored with EA somewhere in the great beyond...

And yes, your points add up from ANY ranked server you play on.

Unless the server admin kills the server prematurely because things aren't going his way. :mad:

Back