Cant share files over network through wireless...

Dillusion

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a network in my house here, and i have 4 computers on it now, but thats besides the point. I have recently assembled my CarPC and i want to transfer new files to it (Car is parked in garage using a USB Microsoft MN-710 802.11g adapter) VIA wireless.

Now, my main gaming PC with all my files on it, is hardwired to the router VIA a cat5e cable, not wireless. I cannot, for the life of me, transfer files from my main (hardwired) PC to my CarPC (MN-710 adapter)....Ive tried \\comp-name and 192.168.X.X and neither work. My router is the one bellsouth provides you for the home network package, its a 2WIRE Homeportal (the new smaller version with wireless LAN). It has a built in firewall, and my gaming PC has Zonealarm w/ AV- but i shut it off when i tried to transfer files. The 2WIRE firewall however is not able to be turned off.

I believe it may be the 2WIRE's firewall not letting any wireless device access shared network files because it thinks all wireless devices are hackers or something, any ideas?

settings on the wireless are likely set not to allow file access between those 2 networks (wireless and wired). Go poke through the settings and see if there's an option to turn that protection off.

Back