Cant send files since connecting from a wireless router

Moiee

Weaksauce
Got a wireless router yesterday, got it all set up and working except i noticed that whenever I try to send files to people through applications such as MSN messenger or Mirc it doesnt send them and it always used to before. I guess it has something to do with the router connected from the cable modem...do I have to do something to sort this out?

the router is probably blocking the ports that you need to send files over

go to the router config page , usually 192.168.1.1 (linksys) or 192.168.0.1 (netgear) and look for port forwarding, forward the ports to you machine and you will be good to go

Are you connected via a wireless signal or wired directly to the router? Try wiring directly and see if you have the problem (If you currently go wireless)..

If you DO have the problem still its probably the router. Some of them have an option similar to "gaming mode" that will help with what you are seeing.

If you DONT have the problem its either wireless packet loss (signal problems) or your PC firewalling the wireless signal but not the LAN.

Its wired to the cable modem. I dunno what oprions to put on in the configuration of the router site. I see some port settings but not sure if they are the correct ones...

Back