can't seem to get these clocks stable i7 7700k

MachoGnat

n00b
so today I recieved my 7700k, aorus z270x gaming 5, and h100i v2 and got my build done.

now I am trying to oc it with the obvious 5ghz goal. i first tried the gigabyte cpu upgrade presets to see what would happen, the setting for 7700k 5ghz was not a success. went down to the next preset of 4.8ghz and was able to pass multiple intelburn tests no problem. so i ventured into the manual trials and shot for 1.35v and 100mhz x 49 cpu ratio. no luck. tried 1.37v all the way up to 1.45 looking for a hint of stability with no luck. i either fail the intelburn test or windows crashes with a clock_watchdog error.

i have overclocking experience with amd and had my 8320 stable for a long time at 4.5ghz @ 1.45v using a h105 for cooling. this s my first attempt with intel and could use so,e help as even after lots of reading I am having issues getting a stable oc.

I just got my new 7700k to 5 ghz stable last night using this Asus guide. I could get into Windows @ 5.1 ghz but failed Realbench stress after 10-15 minutes. My method of overclocking is to jump to the commonly accepted/recommended everyday max voltage (1.35) and then start turning the multiplier up until it fails to boot. Drop back one notch and then stress test with Realbench and Prime95. Hottest core got to 74c on a Corsair H110i during stress.
  • Set IA DC Load Line to 0.01
  • Set IA AC Load Line to 0.01
  • Adaptive 1.35 Vcore
  • CPU system agent 1.25v
  • VCCIO 1.2v
  • 100 bclk
  • 50 mutiplier all cores
My memory is 2x16gb rated at 3200 15-15-15-35 but the best I could do was 3000 17-17-17-35. The guide suggest system agent voltages up to 1.35v might be needed to stabilize memory but my ROG Z270F changes font color from warning yellow to scary purple text when typing in voltages over 1.25v in that field. Decided I'd leave well enough alone last night. Even with nothing overclocked the Gskill memory would not boot using XMP so I had to manually set all timings and voltages.

Ill check it out when I get home. Even when I did reach 4.9 stable once the speeds of which I was completing the tests seemed to drop in the intelburntests by about 10 gflops so I ended up going back to stock until I had time to mess with it again. My ram is rated at 3000 and had no problems going to 3000 with xmp.

and keep in mind OCs are NEVER guaranteed. just because others hit 5g doesn't mean you will. also, bump your ram voltage 10%. good luck.

and keep in mind OCs are NEVER guaranteed. just because others hit 5g doesn't mean you will. also, bump your ram voltage 10%. good luck.
I am aware of this. It's giving me very inconsistent results sometimes I fail and sometimes I pass at the same settings. I ran a max stress test at 4.8 no problem. then after playing around trying to go higher, went back to the previously working 4.8 and it failed.

I am aware of this. It's giving me very inconsistent results sometimes I fail and sometimes I pass at the same settings. I ran a max stress test at 4.8 no problem. then after playing around trying to go higher, went back to the previously working 4.8 and it failed.

This means you aren't stress testing enough. Run 100x passes of Inte Burn Test and then left Prime 95 (latest version) go for 4 hours.

Back