Cant see Win8 GPO templates in GPMC?

Notorius

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to setup some GPO's to manage windows 8 devices. I've got a win8.1 update 1 device on the domain, ive downloaded RSAT for 8.1 and installed it on the device, and downloaded the win8.1 GPO files (admx templates). But when I open up group policy management and edit a GPO, add a template, browse to where the ADMX files are, I can't see any files there. and if I go a layer down into the localized language folders (EN-US) that is empty too. but in the normal file browser I can see a good number of ADMX templates. why cant I see them in GPMC? ive googled around and haven't seen anyone else having this issue, so I figure im doing something wrong that's probably super obvious but im blind to whatever it is apparently :\

Figured out if you download and place the win8/server2012 .ADMX files into c:\windows\policydefinitions\ on your win8 device, then open up GPMC it will automatically load the new ADMX options into any GPO you open. nothing manual has to be done, all the options just show up automatically.

The best way t do this is to configure a central repository for your domain. Then you can put the admx file in your repository and it will add the templates to every console, not just the ones where the admx files exist.

Back