Can't see some posts

lomn75

Purple Ace
I've noticed on occasion that some thread replies, which appear on a forum thread list, aren't visible to me in the thread itself.

For example, some thread a subforum shows 1 reply on the forum page, but when I view the thread, I only see the original post.

I've checked and my ignore list isn't at fault (it's empty, and I've even tried ignoring posters I'm unable to see and disabling again, no effect).

Anybody else ever see this behavior, or know why it's happening?

heh, search for all posts by the user FOO. I don't know why but it seems that he is on the forum-wide ignore list so that nobody can see him. I've always wondered if he was just ignored for me somehow or if it was a forum-wide thing. I'm not sure if he knows it since he just posted yesterday. But if you look closely at the post numbers in threads, sometimes you'll see a thread go #1 #2 #3 #4 #6 #7 or something like that. That #5 is probably FOO(or someone else who is globally ignored). I've been wondering for a while what he did to be ignored.

xphantg0d said:
Ya it was FOO if you look at the last poster it says FOO.
Yeah that was pretty much the point of my entire post - that it was FOO. Thanks for summarizing it, though.

jpmkm said:
I don't know why but it seems that he is on the forum-wide ignore list so that nobody can see him
So it's sorta like a silent ban? That's funny.

Nice to know it's not just me seeing the behavior.

//edit: assuming this is the case, it might be worth editing the user name out of the posts just to prevent tipping him off.

Yeah I think that's one of the new features of VB3. They have much more control over that kind of stuff now.

MajorDomo said:
It's an Admin tool and has been working quite effectively :cool:
I'll bet it does wonders for people not creating new accounts to circumvent bans.

Now that we know what's up, jpmkm and xphantg0d, it'd probably be a good idea to edit out the username from your posts. Kinda loses effectiveness if you talk about who has a dead account.

(And incidentally, I tend to agree with jpmkm's sentiments in this case, which is my ulterior motive for asking)

lomn75 said:
Now that we know what's up, jpmkm and xphantg0d, it'd probably be a good idea to edit out the username from your posts. Kinda loses effectiveness if you talk about who has a dead account.

(And incidentally, I tend to agree with jpmkm's sentiments in this case, which is my ulterior motive for asking)
:D good call.

lomn75 said:
done.

Back