can't see my own SSID...

Asmodeus

n00b
okay, here is my basic problem... i'm running a wrt54gs with thibor 14 firmware... my nic is a wmp54gs and they are both in the same room... i have several laptops that can see the ssid of my network and can connect without a problem... the problem is that the machine with the wmp54gs in it can't see my ssid and it can't see any ssid... now, the wmp54gs connects to my network and it even says so, but when i click on the wireless network icon in the systray and the wireless network dialogue come up, it shows nothing...

now, i figure that WZC is broken in some way... i'm not sure how or why, but whenever i go to enter in a prefered network name (my network ssid name) and i hit advanced or apply, it kicks me out of the screen with a gpf... any ideas on what it could be...? i've never seen this before... i thought it was the nick, so i replaced it with a brand new wmp54gs and i still have the same problem... so now i'm guessing it's related to WZC... so in the mean time i'm not using WZC and instead am using the linksys software for the nic to control the nic... but it's a memory hog and i'd like to go back to the WZC... just a little help would be appreciated... thanks...

Back