Cant run prime 95 at 3.2

r_glover

n00b
2.6c
My ram timings are 2-3-3-5 and my divider is 5:4

Is there anything I should change?

You either need more voltage, more cooling, or your FSB is just too high. Ram should be fine with a 245ish fsb and 5:4 ratio, puts it right back to spec assuming 3200.

or...it could be possible your CPU just wont do 3.2ghz without either an up in voltage better cooling...or it just wont do it and you need to back off some. which is probably what the problem is...try to back off some and see if itll run prime.

set your DDR voltage to 2.8V and timings to 2.5,4,4,7 to rule out RAM as a factor.

I have my ram at that voltage already, and I changed my ram to those settings yet I still crash on prime95

I was also crashing in Prime95 and 3Dmark with my P4 2.6 clocked at 3.2 GHz. I then upped the voltage for everything, Ram @ 2.64 volts, VCore @ 1.7v, I forget the AGP, but it seems to be running fine with a 5:4 divider. It ups the temps a bit, but I am using stock cooling so there's plenty of headroom to spare... :)

If you are talking to me...

The CPU temps top out at 67.5 while running Prime95, which is a bit high, but its cold as hell out now in Jersey and it hasn't had a hitch yet.

We'll see about running it at 3.2GHz next summer....:confused: :D

Back