Can't run crysis

vividshock

Weaksauce
So I upgraded my pc with a gtx 750 ti from an hd 5570 and I can't run crysis. Before I was able to run it @ 1080p at max settings with 5-10 fps in the beginning mission, but after the upgrade crysis lags to start up and I'm not able to change settings or start missions.

I'm not sure I understand...1080P Max with 5-10 fps...as a benchmark? Or as in, you actually played at that resolution, with that performance?

The 750ti should shit all over the 5570, and it looks like you fixed it. What are you getting now at 1080P?

Puts new meaning to, "But can it run crysis?".

Crysis and Warhead both have issues with the game capping at 24p on certain displays. There are some ways around it, but it's one of those things they never did completely fix. Warhead especially.

Crysis and Warhead both have issues with the game capping at 24p on certain displays. There are some ways around it, but it's one of those things they never did completely fix. Warhead especially.
It's a DX10 issue where it picks the first available refresh rate exposed when no option is present in the game. You can get around it on NVIDIA cards be enabling "Prefer maximum refresh rate" in the control panel. More extreme, you can edit your monitor's EDID to only show the highest refresh rate to the operating system.

It's a DX10 issue where it picks the first available refresh rate exposed when no option is present in the game. You can get around it on NVIDIA cards be enabling "Prefer maximum refresh rate" in the control panel. More extreme, you can edit your monitor's EDID to only show the highest refresh rate to the operating system.

I've read the "maximum" thing in a few places, but it has never worked for my system. The EDID thing makes sense, though. That would gimp 24p movies, though.
With Crysis 1 I can alt+tab repeatedly in-game and eventually it drops the 24p. With Warhead the best I've been able to do is create a "fake" 1928x1080 resolution or to run it in a window but move the window so that the bars are mostly hidden. I think the recent Nvidia drivers might have gimped the fake res trick, though.

I've read the "maximum" thing in a few places, but it has never worked for my system. The EDID thing makes sense, though. That would gimp 24p movies, though.
With Crysis 1 I can alt+tab repeatedly in-game and eventually it drops the 24p. With Warhead the best I've been able to do is create a "fake" 1928x1080 resolution or to run it in a window but move the window so that the bars are mostly hidden. I think the recent Nvidia drivers might have gimped the fake res trick, though.
I forgot about the alt+tab trick. That forces the refresh rate to cycle forward through the ones that are available. I believe Crysis has borderless windowed as an option if you cycle screen modes with alt+enter.

I bought Crysis and Warhead years ago from Origin and haven't figured out how to get it to run yet. It keeps asking me where is my CD drive and I don't even own one. I think the pirates by the bay are holding the key to my success though. Just got to be careful and not catch HIV there.

I bought Crysis and Warhead years ago from Origin and haven't figured out how to get it to run yet. It keeps asking me where is my CD drive and I don't even own one. I think the pirates by the bay are holding the key to my success though. Just got to be careful and not catch HIV there.

a5cb.jpg

I tried the original Crysis today and it keeps asking me to sign into the EA servers. I can play other EA games just fine. Trying to run Crysis and Warhead on Origin is a nightmare. You have to manually patch each game. And also you can't just install one and patch it with all of the patches in order. You have to patch until a certain number then patch the other game. Otherwise the games won't work. Well I must be doing it wrong since neither of the POS games work. Worst fucked up shit EA ever devised. BTW... Origin is shit!

I tried the original Crysis today and it keeps asking me to sign into the EA servers. I can play other EA games just fine. Trying to run Crysis and Warhead on Origin is a nightmare. You have to manually patch each game. And also you can't just install one and patch it with all of the patches in order. You have to patch until a certain number then patch the other game. Otherwise the games won't work. Well I must be doing it wrong since neither of the POS games work. Worst fucked up shit EA ever devised. BTW... Origin is shit!
I'm so glad I still have my original DVD "Collector's" edition copy after reading about all the problems with the digital download versions. The 32-bit executable doesn't even run on my system... I get a CTD every time I try.

Can't run Crysis? Throw your 'thing' out of the window .. it isn't even worthy being called a machine :D

Back