Cant read a certian persons post's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eno-on

[H]ard|Gawd
After proving someone terribly wrong, I'm no longer able to read their posts on the forum. Is there a feature on this board which makes you unreadable to certain viewers that you can enable? I thought ignore made it so you can't read the persons posts you are ignoring, not the other way around.

eno-on said:
I thought ignore made it so you can't read the persons posts you are ignoring, not the other way around.
that is the way ignore works for me.

This is global ignore - basically no user can read a person's posts if they're on global ignore, and there are several members I know of who have been put on that list. They will still show up as having posted in a thread, but their posts will be completely invisible.

Don't mean to go off topic, but how does a member wind up on global ignore? I'm assuming a mod does this, but what is the difference between global ignore and a ban?
And does the member who is on global ignore know that he has been put on global ignore?

digital_exhaust said:
Don't mean to go off topic, but how does a member wind up on global ignore? I'm assuming a mod does this, but what is the difference between global ignore and a ban?
And does the member who is on global ignore know that he has been put on global ignore?

A ban just means that - you can't log in to your account. A global ignore is a little different - you can still log in, post and make new threads, but you have no idea you're on global ignore because you still see your own posts, but no one else can. There has been a member on global ignore that regularly posted in OSes who has continued posting for the last 8+ months despite being on global ignore.

Usually I think a poster who is overly obnoxious/annoying or something will wind up on the global ignore list (and there isn't sufficient reason to ban him either), but I'm not too clear on how people wind up on global ignore.

vBull has a feature called Coventry...it is a universal ignore for all members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back