Cant Overclock with new SATA HD??

HotL3@D

[H]ard|Gawd
Just installed a 12GB SATA HD and now i cant overclock at all? SEe sig for what i was hitting with my old IDE Hard drives... Am i missing a setting in the bios? i can post, but when it says "detecting IDE drives" it just hangs... Any help?

Are you locking your PCI/AGP bus speeds? (you should be, otherwise everything is being overclocked, not just the FSB/CPU)

==>Lazn

Lazn_Work said:
Are you locking your PCI/AGP bus speeds? (you should be, otherwise everything is being overclocked, not just the FSB/CPU)

==>Lazn

Yes, PCI/agp is locked..

Also, should mention i am using a pata to sata adapter on the 40 gb hd (its the "serillel" adapter that came with the motherboard. think that could be the issue?

Do you have the power for the Seriall adaptor pluged in as well as the power to the drive?

I am using mine with no problems, and can overclock using it as well. (with a 120GB WD IDE drive)

==>Lazn

well, of course, everything is running fine on the computer at stock speeds, but the moment i try to overclock, just hangs at the post screen... Its odd, isnt it?

That is odd, mine doesn't seem to affect overclock at all.. I would see if you can determine for sure if the PCI lock is working. (perhaps a program like CPUz can tell you if you overclock slightly and check if the PCI clock changes)

Also did you change any of the setttings like PCI passive release or anything else?

check here for info on what everything in the BIOS does: http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=9

==>Lazn

Lazn_Work said:
That is odd, mine doesn't seem to affect overclock at all.. I would see if you can determine for sure if the PCI lock is working. (perhaps a program like CPUz can tell you if you overclock slightly and check if the PCI clock changes)

Also did you change any of the setttings like PCI passive release or anything else?

check here for info on what everything in the BIOS does: http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=9

==>Lazn

thanks for the help.. i'm kinda pissed cause i wanna go back to my overclock...

Back