• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Can't overclock my pc...

VolvoR

Gawd
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
878
CPUx.jpg

On the right is my pc after overclocking...On the left is an image I got off the web...

I have the gear listed below. What am I doing wrong? After about 5 minutes of surfing the web, nothing tough at all, it reboots. What else do I have to do to get this thing up to around 2.5-2.6ghz?
 
drop the HTL to 4x and and run a 5:6 divider some times its labled as "Max ram speed" and set it to 166 then give it a shot might need more vcore too
 
I've read the guides, not only here, but other places as well, and it won't go much past stock. I think there's something I may be missing... :mad:
 
could just be a CPU that dosnt have much in it bad luck :(
 
VolvoR said:
I've read the guides, not only here, but other places as well, and it won't go much past stock. I think there's something I may be missing... :mad:
i call shens.

have you set your ram divider as mentioned above?

made sure HTT * "FSB" was <= 1000 (or more accuraetly, w/i 10% of 1000)?

i don't think you have.

if you have read the guides, follow them, and then try again.

tell us what your BIOS settings are, not only will that prove/disprove whether or not you've read the guides, it will also let us make more helpful suggestions

good luck.
 
Back
Top