• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Can't open Catalyst Control Center

jbz7890

Gawd
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
811
CCC worked fine when I had the the 9.6 drivers, but when I tried to uninstall 9.6 in preparation for the 9.7 upgrade, I received an error message which said "error initializing." However, the uninstaller seemed to work, and I was able to remove the old driver and install the new one.

But when I rebooted after installing 9.7, I could not open Catalyst Control Center; I got this error message: "The features in the ATI Catalyst Control Center Basic view do not support the currently active graphics processor." I've tried everything: reverting back to 9.6, uninstalling in safe mode, and using driver sweeper. Nothing has worked.

I would appreciate any help.
 
Okay, I was able to fix it by uninstalling my video card from the device driver and removing all ATI items from my registry (using RegCleaner). This was in addition to using the Catalyst Uninstall utility and driver sweeper.
 
Back
Top