Cant OC after gpu change.??

a1212

n00b
So. I got myself a opty165 a month ago, oc:ed it to 2.2ghz, enough for me. At that time I had a 6800GT(agp) in my computer, then I went and upgraded it to a x1950pro (sapphire 512mb).

Put bios to default (no oc), Re-installed windows , updated drivers etcetc. Bios was updated to the latest one before opty.

So I put the same settings back in into the bios (same settings I had with 6800GT in), first boot no problem, windows loaded as usual, I put prime95 (2 threads) on and had it running for woopin 12h before I manually stopped it (so OC stable), now when I closed my comp and started it again, it didnt get through the first loading screen (with mem and bios access). Tried again and again, with the same results everytime. I just could not get past the first screen so I resetted the bios with a jumper and now it worked again fine. I have now tried to OC again and if u dont turn the computer off when u have OC:ed theres no problem to boot but once you turn the computer off and on again it gets stuck.

-------
System:

gigabyte triton K8 (nforce 3 mobo)
opty 165 @stocks
Sapphire x1950pro 512mb
Corsair HX520w
1gb corsair CL2 ram (2-2-2-5), note wasnt this tight when I OC.ed
-------

Yea and I had a hiper 580w before, changed it to a corsair HX520w just recently, but the OC problem is still present.
-------

Anyone know what I should do?, is the card to blame?

My guess is that your RAM divider got set back to default and thus your ram is trying to run too high or that your thermal throttling got turned back on and so that is causing you problems. When you do a BIOS update it resets EVERYTHING to default so check all of your settings.

Good luck and let us know if this doesn't work.

well the bios settings are the same I used before, mem ran somwehere around 22x mhz. the bios kinda sucks on this board, but it has a AGP frequency setting thing and thats on 66.Also possible to increase the agp voltage, but gonna go check out some more.

----
ok, so had a Auto Detect PCI clk, and could only choose disable/Enable, its enabled. Cpu throttling is at 50% (where should it be?), dunno if apg aperture size matters here, but it was on 32M, changed it to 256M. I tried some new settings, fsb @ 223mhz ---> cpu ~2000mhz, mem (2/1.83) @~204mhz 2.8v.

yea ok it froze again, put fsb back to 200mhz and its all good :|

Back