Can't login to xbox live!

johnnq

[H]ard|Gawd
bought a brand new elite and modern warfare 2. It says "the current profile is not allowed to play on xbox live." The xbox was brand new and I registered my account. Do I have to wait for a period of time before I can play??

Ah I just realized it says I'm signed into xbox live SILVER. Doesn't every xbox come with 1 month of gold??

Last edited:

ddb120

Supreme [H]ardness
The free one month is only for new accounts (sign up for silver and it will give you a free one month gold). It wont give you a free month on an account that you transferred over from a previous Xbox.

johnnq

[H]ard|Gawd
ok so it should automatically upgrade me to gold since this is my first account, correct? I still can't get on xbox live :\

ghostee

Limp Gawd
Did you make the account on the new xbox? You should have been given an offer at the end of the signup process for a free month of gold.

If you made the account on the web, or transferred an account, you don't get free month, so make a new one on the xbox.

theNoid

Supreme [H]ardness
Did you make the account on the new xbox? You should have been given an offer at the end of the signup process for a free month of gold.

If you made the account on the web, or transferred an account, you don't get free month, so make a new one on the xbox.

This