Can’t install windows?

David97

n00b
I keep getting blue screen on boot so I tryed to just re install windows and when it is copying the install files I get a error. Can’t recall the error.

I even tried a different ssd thinking it may be mine had died but it did the same thing. I know the install usb media is good.

I’ve never seen this issue before this is on a pc I built that has ran fine for months. It is just a media consuming pc no over clocking on a asus board Corsair ram and a i7.

The blue screen errors I was getting where all over the place memory, page file kernel error etc in the bios everything works fine.

Any advice?

Thanks

The errors i get come when windows says getting files ready for install. I get kernel security check fail, memory management fail , page fault...etc

They change with each try as i install win 10.

I assume windows is trying to copy files to the RAM?

What is a good free RAM tester that i can boot off USB?

Thanks for the help.

The errors i get come when windows says getting files ready for install. I get kernel security check fail, memory management fail , page fault...etc

They change with each try as i install win 10.

I assume windows is trying to copy files to the RAM?

What is a good free RAM tester that i can boot off USB?

Thanks for the help.
grab a copy of memtest, put it on a usb and test for a few rounds/hours see what it finds. if you haven't yet you could try yanking out ram until youre down to one stick, see how it acts.

grab a copy of memtest, put it on a usb and test for a few rounds/hours see what it finds. if you haven't yet you could try yanking out ram until youre down to one stick, see how it acts.

I pulled out one stick of ram and windows loaded so i guess one stick is bad.

Is memtest made by passmark?

Thanks for your help.

see pic

Attachments

• IMG_1195.jpg
    IMG_1195.jpg
    258.5 KB · Views: 0
actually I misread that, the PC4-21300 I read as 2133. but it is oc'd from 2666 to 3233 which might be causing the errors. op, set it to 2666 and see what happens.

Look like that's an RGB kit. RGB modules store their color information in the XMP, if I remember correctly, which can lead to all kinds of issues. I avoid RGB RAM for this reason. It could be causing the overclock to 3233 MT/s, the '02' being stored in byte 2 at all those addresses, or both.

Look like that's an RGB kit. RGB modules store their color information in the XMP, if I remember correctly, which can lead to all kinds of issues. I avoid RGB RAM for this reason. It could be causing the overclock to 3233 MT/s, the '02' being stored in byte 2 at all those addresses, or both.

first i have heard of that.

lol i have never had a single issue with rgb ram imo.(we be dealing with bad ram long before rgb lol)

Back