Cant install network drivers onto laptop

.enigma.

Weaksauce
So i just downgraded from vista to XP on my laptop and now i cant install the network drivers.

I tried downloading them from the internet off of another computer and installing them off of a CD but that didnt work.

The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5610 btw

Make sure you get the XP drivers if there are some written specifically for XP.

Then, if you can extract them to a folder and manual install the drivers from Device Manager. You can open device manager by hitting Win + R and entering devmgmt.msc into the command line.

Find your network adapter in the tree, right click it and select Update Driver.

There will be 2 options, choose the second, "Install from a list or specific location".

There will be a checked box next to a drop down list. Click the browse button and point it to the folder where you extracted the drivers. If there are proper drivers in that folder, the OK button should become active.

I tried that but i ran into some problems

I dont have any network adapters showing up. All i have that resembles a network adapter is " Network Controller" under "Other Devices". Next to "network controller" is a yellow icon of a question mark and an exclamation point. "Ethernet controller" is also there

I tried doing what you said with these but it still didnt work. It says the wizard could not find the necessary hardware. Im pretty sure i tried this with every driver that was listed and it still didnt work.

From a torrent, could that be why?

Nice way to turn this computer into a member of a netbot army. Poisoned content...fastest growing method of spreading back doors 'n such. Might as well visit a whorehouse without a bag of condoms.

Is this laptop certified for XP? Or...to sum things up, some of the hardware on it might be so new it doens't even..and will not have...drivers for legacy OS's.

So is this a cracked copy? If you have legit downgrade rights you should of got the CD for XP with your laptop.

All this hassle to run an outdated OS? What was wrong with Vista?

All this hassle to run an outdated OS? What was wrong with Vista?

my guess is since its an acer he got screwed like me and they installed vista 32bit on a laptop with 2 gigs of ram.. so it runs like crap..

as far as the drivers go did you try all 3 driver sets that are in the list? also are you using the acer net management software.. if you are delete it because its worthless and causes more trouble then it actually helps.. last resort would be to check broadcom's site to see if they have drivers..

Back