Just got my Xonar STX today from Newegg.
I uninstalled the Realtek drivers from my EVGA Classified board, rebooted into safe mode and used drive sweeper to ensure they were gone as well as disabled onboard sound in the bios.
I downloaded the most current drivers from ASUS direct in the form of a RAR file. Unzipped to a folder and tried running setup.
When I run setup.exe I get an error that says "Windows cannot find Cmeauvista64.exe" Even though its right there in the folder.
I tried burning the RAR contents to a CD and letting it autorun and get the same error.
Tried downloading a previous driver version and get the same error.
WTF?
I can go into device manager and select the folder I unpacked the RAR files too and the driver seems to install because audio starts working, but it doesn't install any other software at all including the control panel.
This is my 1st soundcard and complete BS. Very 1st ASUS product and I haven't had any problems installing anything else on my PC EVER.
I uninstalled the Realtek drivers from my EVGA Classified board, rebooted into safe mode and used drive sweeper to ensure they were gone as well as disabled onboard sound in the bios.
I downloaded the most current drivers from ASUS direct in the form of a RAR file. Unzipped to a folder and tried running setup.
When I run setup.exe I get an error that says "Windows cannot find Cmeauvista64.exe" Even though its right there in the folder.
I tried burning the RAR contents to a CD and letting it autorun and get the same error.
Tried downloading a previous driver version and get the same error.
WTF?
I can go into device manager and select the folder I unpacked the RAR files too and the driver seems to install because audio starts working, but it doesn't install any other software at all including the control panel.
This is my 1st soundcard and complete BS. Very 1st ASUS product and I haven't had any problems installing anything else on my PC EVER.