Cant install driver "cycilic redundancy check"

Ashton

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
2,514
I just reformatted and reinstalled XPPro64 I'm having trouble with the sound driver for my USB sound card (I know, it's crap, but I'm ~30' away from the tower and dont feel like running _another_ cord to get sound, not exactly using it for audiophile applications anyway)

Windows has a built-in driver.
I downloaded a generic driver
I downloaded the official driver

all of them come back with

An error has occured during the installation of this device:
driver_error.JPG


Anyone know whats wrong that all 3 drivers are failing like this?
 
64-bit isnt the problem, I've run this system for months, I just had to reformat/reinstall because of conflicts killing the main program I run on here. Other drivers work fine too, not a blanked driver problem AFAIK...
 
Found the problem, damaged XPPro64 CD... borrowed a copy from a friend and everything worked. (now I just have to find someplace to order a new XPP64 cd...)
 
Back
Top