Can't install Ad Aware or Spybot

Bonksnp

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok, I have a pretty basic problem but cannot for the life of me figure out what's wrong.

I downloaded Ad Aware to clean some junk up. I tryed opening the .exe and it came up....initializing.....then came to the screen where you press Next, then disappears. I tryed reopening it a few more times and the exact same thing happened. Ok, maybe I had a corrupted executable. I'll download something else from somewhere else. This time, I decided to get Spybot. Same exact thing happening. I went through my start up items to see if something might be killing the process and nothing seems to be. I disabled everything anyways and rebooted. Same thing. I tryed installing something diffrent that I already had an installer for (Google Earth was the first thing I could find) and it installed just fine. Never disappeared or anything.

I ran HiJack this and got a log file from it, but from what I can tell, everything seems to look pretty normal. I can post the log here if anyone thinks they might know whats wrong. But I'm lost.

:confused:

im getting ready for bed, so i dont mean to be short..but try them in safe mode.

Back