Cant go above 227 FSB

biztyke

2[H]4U
ive been out of the pc/overclocking world for a while now(last PC was a duron 600 @1150) so my knowledge may not be current, i learn quick though......

so, system in sig. i know the mobo is a cheapy and im guessing its what is holding me back(i will be getting a better one soon). but i have read a few reviews on it and although it doesnt have every OC option, it does have enough to achieve(so the reviews say) a decent OC.

i cant seem to be able to get my FSB to anything above 227. at 227 x 11 i run perfectly stable at 2.499ghz and 1.350vcore(max board will allow) but if i bump it to 228 or above it wont even post. now ive tried putting the HT multi down to 4x and 3x, same thing. tried 6-10x cpu multi, same thing. played with ram dividers, same thing. no matter what settings i use(set everything else at lowest to elimate all other causes, just to get FSB higher) and i cannot go above 227 FSB.

in fact last time i tried, it hung on post and after booting a few times i reset to defaults and windows says "cannot find bootmgr" so i had to repair it with the vista install disk(very odd because this was a clean install, and i never got past post before this started happenning).

anyways, all the reviews say this board can go to upwards of 285 and im quite sure my cpu is capable of more.........is my mobo a dud?

Back