can't get second core

Downloaded it just the way it says, deleted the config local and shut down to restart and now the second core isn;t responding(working).
 
It looks as though I have set the machine to #3 instead of #2 is that going to make a difference?
 
Jon855 said:
it shouldn't but set it to 2 anyways.
huh?

using graphical client of console?

Start with 2x console's, plane in seperate directories (FAH1/FAH2 etc)

Run with config flag

assign different machine ID's (in advance option set), doesn't really matter if 1/2 or 1/3 etc just as long as different

should be about it

this a HT or dual core box?
 
I was having a hard time- It appeared that the program wasn't working, and i'll see what happens. This is the dual core Conroe, running at 2.5 ghz, that I am putting 2 clients on.
update- they are working well- I am having to keep a window open to continue the 2nd core-the last time this happened I had to wait until the 1 Wu finished, then i was able to close the window.
 
gwarren007 said:
I was having a hard time- It appeared that the program wasn't working, and i'll see what happens. This is the dual core Conroe, running at 2.5 ghz, that I am putting 2 clients on.
update- they are working well- I am having to keep a window open to continue the 2nd core-the last time this happened I had to wait until the 1 Wu finished, then i was able to close the window.

The way you describe the problem you are running the graphical client. Save yourself a ton of grief and switch to the console version.

Console is faster and won’t make you keep anything open. You can even run it in the background as a service.

Luck
 
If you run 2 instances on the same computer, and you want to set the cpu usage, common sense would say to set each at 50%. Is this correct?
and for 4 is 25%/ instance?
 
gwarren007 said:
If you run 2 instances on the same computer, and you want to set the cpu usage, common sense would say to set each at 50%. Is this correct?
and for 4 is 25%/ instance?

There is no common sense involved here ;)

Seriously though on a dual core boxen such as yours you set each instance to 100% since you have 2 cores. Cause you want each instance to use 100% of that core.

 
Back
Top