• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Can't get screen saver or sleep mode

pcfountain

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
101
ABIT AN-8
PowerColor Radeon X800XL 256MB PCI-E
Samsung 710T connected via DVI
Windows XP Home, SP2, all latest updates
Catalyst 5.8 drivers

I cannot get my screen saver to appear, or the monitor to go into sleep mode. I have checked my setup and rebooted numerous times trying to get it to work. I thought this problem was caused by my crappy MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum board but I finally replaced it and I'm still having the same problem.

My monitor has dual inputs, the analog input is going to a file server machine, and it works fine with the screen saver and sleep mode. The file server is Win2K and Intel 815E on-board video. Ideas/Suggestions?
 
In the same window that you select your screensaver, there's a button that says 'preview'. Click on that and see if your ss starts up.

This could be one of a couple of things. One, you need to adjust your windows power management settings. Also, the Award bios has power management options if you go into setup. You might check those.
 
Do you have an optical or worse, laser mouse? The slightest vibration on the PC desk will move the cursor.

Flip the mouse over and see if the screen saver kicks in.
 
Back
Top