• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

can't get memory stable at 160 BCLK

ann0yanc3

Gawd
Joined
Nov 27, 2004
Messages
515
I have Corsair Dominator memory (TR3X6G1600C8D), and I'm using Intel's XMP 8-8-8-24 2T at 1605Mhz (1.65v). My BCLK is 160 (3.2Ghz) on an i7 920 (1.25v).

IntelBurnTest fails at these speeds. Lowering the clock on the memory to the next lowest setting works just fine. Increasing the voltage passed 1.65v on the memory results in red text in the BIOS telling me that I could damage my CPU. At stock i7 920 speeds, the memory works fine at 1600Mhz.

Any suggestions on how to get this memory stable? I intend to overclock this 920 more.

Using ASUS Gene2 mainboard. Thanks.
 
try setting the timing looser like 9-9-9-32 and see what happens.. if works then ya know 1600mhz is the most the ram will run at with the XMP timing..
 
Back
Top