cant get internet sharing to work on network....

HardD99

[H]ard|Gawd
ok i had my network working great then all of a sudden it quit, i thought maybe it was because my router went bad, so i bought a new D-Link Gaming router, was basically a waste of money as of now because i am stuck on dialup at the moment but i bought it for future use. anyways, i am trying to share my dialup connection with my wireless notebooks, but of course the ip on my main machine must be 192.168.0.1 for it to share the net, i went in to properties and set to that ip, but it says that that ip is already in use on the network, but its not, i dont get it, can anyone shed some light on this?

had issue like that - XP system restore fix 4 me - L O L !

I tried to fuggen figure why it took 45seconds for printer sharing to work with each print job, is this normal? well I figured no ... so I messed with settings and soon ICS wasn't working at all for me nor could I use the "computers Near Me" link and my laptop was not browsable but my desktops were ...

FIXED IT! i started to think about it and i remembered that routers have IP's and mine was configured to 192.168.0.1, called tech support and they told me how to change the ip of the router, so thats y it wouldnt work, set it to .100 and setup as usual, and bingo! ya know.... i dont think HF has helped me with one single problem in the past 2-3 years, thing forum is going down the way side, seems like ever since General Mayhem got taken away, their arent so many people here anymore. ahh well, least my router is fixed ;)

Back