• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Can't get F@H installed on linux....

CyberSlave

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 31, 2001
Messages
1,025
I just finished installing RH8 on an old 400mhz that I plan on using as a 24/7 folder.

I downloaded the latest @home exe distribution, and went to open it and it won't install.

This is the error I get
"Nautilus has no installed viewer capable of displaying "/home/Cyber/.gnome-desktop/FAH4Console-Linux.exe"."

How can I get this installed?


Thanks
 
Give me root i'll get it working :D

Can you give us some information I know you are new to nix but what kernal are you using ?

Also just re-read your thread you might not have permissions how do you have your account setup see since they are personal boxes to me i break the golden rule i run folding@home as root
 
Originally posted by CyberSlave
How can I get this installed?
The easy way is to use Finstall.
http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtopic.php?t=2283

http://www.vendomar.ee/~ivo/finstallFAQ.txt

ChelseaOilman
300000.gif
95000.gif
 
I think you have to make it executable. Go to the directory where you have FAH4Console-Linux.exe and type "chmod +x FAH4Console-Linux.exe" and then try to run it. I can't remember if you need to be root or not to do the chmod.
 
I did that last night and it put some new stuff in my home folder.
The only thing is, how do I know if it is running?

On my XP I have the graphical, how can I tell in it is running since it uses a console and I don't see anyt type of console box or terminal box.
 
From a console type 'top' to see a dynamic list of the top processes running on your system. You should see the FAH core running at the top. Hit the 'Q' key to quit bacl to the prompt.
 
Right-click it and go to properties, go to the permissions tab and make is executable.

open a terminal

cd /home/Cyber/.gnome-desktop (if that's still where the file is)

./FAH4Console-Linux.exe -advmethods -forcesse


You should see it in the terminal just as with the console client in windows.

If you'd prefer having it run in the background instead-

./FAH4Console-Linux.exe -advmethods -forcesse > FAHlog.txt &

killall -15 FAH4Console-Linux.exe
(this is how to close it)

more /home/Cyber/.gnome-desktop/FAHlog.txt | tail -20
(this is how to view the end of the log file if you are running it in the background.)
 
ok, it was running, along with like 5 other @home's.

Had to kill them all and start over. I know better now.

Thanks for help.
 
Back
Top