• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Cant get CD Rom recognized

Disarray

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Aug 19, 2003
Messages
1,499
I have an old AMD 450 that I am setting up. When the machine posts, it sees the hard drive and floppy but does not see the CD Rom. After windows 98se finshes loading, the drive is not visible in explorer. Any suggestions on getting this thing recognized. I have ran mscdex in windows and it say it is already running. TIA

I have moved the CD rom to a different machine and it is fine.
 
how old is the cd rom drive? It may not be recognized by the motherboard (happens)
clear the cmos.
try it on the other ide channel.
update the bios and ide controller software - see if that fixorz it.
 
Got it, it was a jumper setting on the harddrive. Thanks for the suggestions.
 
Back
Top