Cant get CCC to install in vista?!

Atherton213

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok its not to big of an issue i just manually updated to the new driver...

But when i go to install CCC 1/2 through my screen goes black.... well someone said before "it will come back after a minute" well it doesnt.... i left it for 20 minutes and it just stayed black

I have the AGP X850 pro.... i put it back to stock everything

Clean install of Vista Home preimum

A64 3500+
200gb hd
2gb pc3200
Gigabyte K8NS-ULTRA-939 mobo

EDIT: dunno if it matter but i have it pluged into a Westy 32inch 1080i (1360x768) via DVI to HDMI

Is it a single or dual link DVI connector?

Well cannot be bacause of that, since you have picture before installing CCC. Guess you should stick with the old drivers and wait for 7.2 CCC. I assume your older drivers worked ok?

edit:

There seems to be a bit similiar thread at the 1st page. The problem seems to be DVI/HDMI cable related, if I understood correctly. Heres the thread.

ill try VGA to the VGA on my tv... see if that changed anything

im useing the most up to date drives still i just manually installed them... i dont have CCC though... which really is no big deal

think I read that some versions of the beta vista drivers dont come with CCC does your download have it?

Just installed latest (7.1) CCC for 1950pro with Vista 64-bit. The experience was not the smoothest. Half way the installation screen went black and I had to reboot the whole machine.

After rebooting CCC loaded up nicely and everything worked well. Gotta check if memory or something else is giving errors as the it did not got as smoothly as I expected.

I run vista x64 + x1950pro + Catalyst 7.1, installed wihout any issues and CCC works without any problems

It didn't install for me in windows server 2003 either with x1950pro.

I run windows server 2003 on my main box and I can verify that CCC definitely does not work with it. However there's a simple solution: just use the omega drivers with their old-school control panel and you're good to go.

Right click. "Run as administrator".

kthnxbye. ;)

doesnt work

just checked Device Manager to make the video drivers are there and they are

but i found something under "other devices" that has a ? its called NTativrv01 so i check proterties on it and it says "Found on X850"

what is that????

Back