Can't Fold on HD5870

CHAoS_NiNJA

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 26, 2005
Messages
1,578
I'm a bit of a noob folder, but I have a decent amount of boxen running but am having one tiny problem.

I've done everything, played with all the settings, updated my driver to the newest, placed in the proper commands, and I still get the "Your GPU is not supported" message from F@H. I'm using GPU2 on the newest driver, and nothing on the site seems to help me.

Any advice?
 
it should work.. might be something with the 10.8 drivers.. but honestly right now its really not worth the power usage and heat folding on ATI cards.. you will get about the same amount of points as an 8800GT with that 5870. i would wait til the openCL GPU3 client gets released for the ATI cards.. but as of right now we have no clue when it will be released.. hopefully some time before the end of this year..
 
Use -forcegpu ati_r700 in your command line

If you are doing this then it might be a problem with the new drivers.
 
I had the same problem with the GPU2 client on a 5870, forcing the command line wasn't working, this is a 5870XXX as well, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 drivers I tried.

I ended up downloading the beta GPU3 client for nvidia after reading some users on the folding site had done the same after similar problems and had no problems. It worked fine on my 5870 with forcing the command line and downloaded the proper GPU2 wus. Try it at your own risk though as it is beta and stated for nvidia at that. I actually ended up uninstalling the 5870 and just folding on the 860 with the SMP client and bigadv, for more points.
 
Fixed it last night, a friend helped me, just overlooked some small things. :) Just needed the console client (SysTray wouldn't work) with the -forcegpu ati_r700 command.
 
Back
Top