• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Can't Figure this one out?

jstarter98

n00b
Joined
Jan 16, 2006
Messages
8
Currently running an AMD 64 3200 processor on an MSI K8n Neo with 1G Corsair RAM a 74g WD RAPTOR DRIVE AND A BFG 6600GT OC. THE PROBLEM IS THIS, WENT TO UPDATE BIOS VIA ONLINE MSI SITE AND WENT TO REBOOT SYSTEM AND GET VIDEO POST THEN SYSTEM POWERS DOWN. WHAT'S UP WITH THIS? I THOUGHT IT WAS A BOTCHED BIOS FLASH, SO I HAD NEW BIOS CHIP SENT TO ME AND GUESS WHAT? SAME THING AFTER INSTALLING NEW CHIP. CAN ANYONE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS SITUATION FOR ME?
 
I'm afraid I don't understand what you're saying. Did you perform the BIOS update through windows, or were you rebooting to update? What do you mean by "...AND GET VIDEO POST THEN SYSTEM POWERS DOWN."? The system POSTs fine and you get video fine, but it shuts off immediately afterwards?

See if theres a jumper to clear the CMOS, and see what happens.
 
Matrox462 said:
I'm afraid I don't understand what you're saying. Did you perform the BIOS update through windows, or were you rebooting to update? What do you mean by "...AND GET VIDEO POST THEN SYSTEM POWERS DOWN."? The system POSTs fine and you get video fine, but it shuts off immediately afterwards?

See if theres a jumper to clear the CMOS, and see what happens.
you ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS reset the CMOS after bios flash
 
Thanks for the replies. I went to MSI and updated the bios from there and then rebooted. When it came back up, I got video post and then the system power down. At that point, I reset CMOS and then rebooted. I have experienced the same problems since.
 
its probably dead... im almsot 100% sure mine is on its last legs... that will be a dark day in hell when it dies... im gonna be bitched at so much by my mom.. thinking she has to spend money to replace it... lol

Id advise testing all fo it in a mates board to see if its all good :)
 
Never flash a bios thru windows, always dos, and be sure to backup your old BIOS file first.

MSI is great for RMA's send the board back and wait for the new one to arrive.
 
Back
Top