Cant exit full screen by double clicking in WMP 11

Somebla

n00b
Hey,
I just updated to Windows Media Player 11 and theres 2 things that really bug me.
In WMP 10 to enter and exit the full screen you could double click the mouse or use alt+enter. Now in WMP 11 to enter full screen you can double click, but you cant exit using double click. I looked all over the options but couldnt find a way to change it .. anyone know a tweak for this.. ?

Seconed, the new icons WMP 11 put look awful, could I put back the old WMP 10 icons ?

Thanks alot. ;)

Can't help on the icons.

As to the double-click I just tested on two of my machines and double-click works perfect for exiting full screen mode. However, I only used a default visualization. IIRC, there was a plugin in WMP10 that you couldn't exit out of by double-clicking, only by using alt-enter. It may end up that it's the plugin that you are using.

When watching a visualization there is no problem, only when watching a video I have a problem to exit by double clicking.

Again, no problem for me playing a WMV file (MoH:Airborne trailer). Is it a particular file type? Are you using a different decoder? Do you have the same problem in another player (say, MPC?)

Just trying to narrow down a little more what's going on. I guess another thing to keep in mind that WMP11 is still in beta... I guess that could be part of the problem as well.

Ok I found the problem, if I enable 'Display full-screen contros' then I can exit by double clicking. but if I disable the option I am unable to exit by double clicking.
In WMP 10 that option was disabled and I didnt have this problem.. So maybe there is a tweak or something to make this possible in WMP 11 ?

WMP 11 is no longer a beta, Microsoft released the final version about a week ago..

Somebla said:
Ok I found the problem, if I enable 'Display full-screen contros' then I can exit by double clicking. but if I disable the option I am unable to exit by double clicking.
In WMP 10 that option was disabled and I didnt have this problem.. So maybe there is a tweak or something to make this possible in WMP 11 ?

WMP 11 is no longer a beta, Microsoft released the final version about a week ago..
Glad you found it. And thanks for the update on WMP going final! Ironically enough, I d/l'ed it two weeks ago and it was still beta.

Back