Cant exit BFBC2

TeeJay88

Limp Gawd
Everytime i go to exit BFBC2 it locks up and as soon as i bring up the task manager it closes. ive left it like that for for awhile assuming that i was being hasty, but thats a negative. hmmm. its not really a problem, although once in a while i have to reset, because even that doesnt help.

OS=Win7(more and more for the fail)

i got the same thing happening to me as well. but hey, its better than when it used to "close" and the process would continue running even though it exited the program...

i got the same thing happening to me as well. but hey, its better than when it used to "close" and the process would continue running even though it exited the program...

I still get this. Seems to close fine then just hangs in the background. Did you do anything to fix it?

The game does this on one of my PCs, but not my main one. I've debated if it had something to do w/ the nvidia driver, as the system it hangs on has my 8800GT w/ the newest available driver update.

Launching task manager is the only way I can get the game to 'close' on that system. I suspect that the game has actually closed, but the game window is still stuck on the display.

This still happens to me, and has been happening since the game came out.
Latest nvidia drivers, no oc's.... ridiculously annoying.

This still happens to me, and has been happening since the game came out.
Latest nvidia drivers, no oc's.... ridiculously annoying.

Same here ever since it came out. It randomly does it though.

Sometimes it will actually close, other times it wont

Noticed today while playing l4d2 and having weird framerate issues, i checked the task manager having played bfbc2, and bfbc2 was still running in the background and eating half a gig of memory.

It's a steam problem. Workaround I found is to switch to windowed mode before closing the game (alt+enter). However it still leaves the game running so you'll have to close the process manually afterward. I think it's related to the steam overlay but haven't bothered trying to disable it.

Back