Can't display native resolution over DVI

JookyOne

Limp Gawd
Created a thread on the video card forum but after further testing, this appears to be a display issue as best as I can tell. I have a Samsung SyncMaster T220 which up until recently, was working fine over a DVI connection. After restarting from sleep the other day, it was displaying in 1024x768 and only had options for 800x600 and 1280x720 in the resolution settings. Additionally, the monitor was appearing under the device manager as Non Plug and Play Monitor. I tried a number of things with the drivers last night (both monitor and video card) but nothing would bring back the native resolutions for the monitor. Today I tried connecting the monitor to my PC via a VGA cable with DVI adapter and immediately the display comes up 1680x1050 with all available resolution options. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this behavior?

I've tried both DVI connections on my 570GTX and unplugged the cable from the back of the monitor a few times to no avail.

Try to force the Generic PnP Monitor driver.

From the "Screen resolution" window, click "Advanced Settings" -> "Monitor" tab -> "Properties" -> "Driver" tab -> "Update Driver..." -> "Browse my computer for driver software" -> "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
Untick "Show compatible hardware" and select "Generic PnP Monitor" under "(Standard monitor types)"

You could try finding your monitor on the list as well, but you might have to download and install the driver from the manufacturer first.

Thanks Kolthor, I will definitely be giving this a try today to see what happens. I think I'm going to be getting a larger monitor (perhaps the ASUS VE278Q) anyway, but I would like to continue to use this monitor for both my PC and XBOX360 so I need both the DVI and VGA connections to work!

Well forcing the driver didn't allow me to change resolutions either. I really can't understand what the problem could be with the DVI connection. I might try this monitor on a friend's PC to see if they can get the native resolutions to show up. Anyone else have any other insight on this?

Back