Can't detect 2nd LCD (Radeon 5850)

Aerodyne

n00b
Hi all,

For some reason I'm unable to detect the second LCD (DVI) connected to my radeon card.

The first LCD is an HP24" & the other one that I can't connect is a Samsung 22" LCD.
Before I installed Win7 from fresh it was working on Win7 RC release that was installed on top of Vista, but after the fresh install I can't connect it!

DVI cables are fine & seem to be working, I don't get a "check connection" scrolling on the screen.

So far I've uninstalled & reinstalled the drivers.

SystemSpec:
Win7 x64
Sapphire ATI Radeon 5850 w/ 9-12 drivers
Main LCD - HP LP2475w
2nd LCD Samsung 226CW

tried the samsung on its own or as main? switched output ports etc.

In the Windows it show up but unable to show the model & connect to it.
I get "another display not connected" on the display icon that shows, then if I "Available display output on: ATI Radeon HD 5800 series" & select "Try to connect on VGA" I still can't view it to extend it or anything & Win update does not show the Samsung drivers 'cos it can't detect it!

wouldn't be surprised if that port is dead. Hopefully not but just say... wouldn't be surprised with these latest ati 5850/70s. :rolleyes:

Sounds like your card is defective. RMA or try an HDMI to DVI adapter.

Finally solved it... looks like the DVI port on the back of the monitor is slightly faulty!!!

I used a VGA-DVI cable, plugged the VGA side into the Samsung & the DVI end in the Card & voilà it picked it up :-D

Now have to figure out how to deal with the LCD as I would like to use the DVI port on it rather than the VGA!
Hopefully still under warranty?!?

Thanks all for your responses.

Back