Can't decide on EVGA Geforce 560 ti or EVGA GeForce GTX 660

techtips

Gawd
Hey everybody, I am looking at upgrading and getting a nice card to replace my BFG 9800GT. I have read reviews and I have narrowed down the selection to these to cards:

EVGA 02G-P3-1568-KR GeForce GTX 560 Ti
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=982626&CatId=3669

or

GeForce GTX 660 SuperClocked 2GB
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX41583

I know generally the 'ti' model is supposed to be the better version, but the 560 ti is a bit older now. Both cards sell for the same price.

Wanting to keep this affordable, I don't want to purchase the 660 Ti model just due to the higher price. I have read reviews that you can take the EVGA 660 SC and overclock it past the 660 ti.

I am not sure what to do, do I buy the older high end card or do I buy the newer non-ti model and overclock it?

Thanks!

did you actually look at reviews? why would you pay the same amount for the older slower gtx560 ti when you can have the faster more efficient gtx660 for the same price?

this also makes me wonder what the rest of your system looks like so please list all your other specs including resolution you want to play at.

did you actually look at reviews? why would you pay the same amount for the older slower gtx560 ti when you can have the faster more efficient gtx660 for the same price?

this also makes me wonder what the rest of your system looks like so please list all your other specs including resolution you want to play at.

LOL is this some kind of approval/review thing?

I did read the reviews and I have read what others have mentioned previously...that sometimes it may be better to purchase an older but top of the line model card then a newer card that is not a top of the line version.

LOL is this some kind of approval/review thing?

I did read the reviews and I have read what others have mentioned previously...that sometimes it may be better to purchase an older but top of the line model card then a newer card that is not a top of the line version.
what? I will make it simple for you: the gtx660 is faster and uses less power so again why would you get a gtx560 ti for the same price?

and please list your specs like I asked.

The 560Ti is not top of the line, but I see your point.

Anyway. The 660 is faster,(in mosts cases pretty close to a GTX580) costs about the same, runs cooler and draws less power.

No contest. Get the 660.

How about a 660 with a Ti after it? Ok not in the budget. Get the 660 then over the 560 Ti. The only reason to get a 560 Ti IMO is a good used price or sale. I went from 9800GT to 560Ti to 680, and boy was it worth it.

How about a 660 with a Ti after it? Ok not in the budget. Get the 660 then over the 560 Ti. The only reason to get a 560 Ti IMO is a good used price or sale. I went from 9800GT to 560Ti to 680, and boy was it worth it.

Yup, the 660 basically kills the 560ti, 570 and 580, on price/performance.

Yup, the 660 basically kills the 560ti, 570 and 580, on price/performance.

Thanks everybody!
I only was considering the 560ti due to the price of 119.99...huge price drop compared to regular.

I will be on the hunt for a good deal for the 660 GTX then ;-)

You still haven't given us the rest of your specs and the resolution you play at. Its important to know with a video card purchase and cannondale hasn't had a thread today where he can cry "bottleneck!! botleneck!!" yet.

Thanks everybody!
I only was considering the 560ti due to the price of 119.99...huge price drop compared to regular.

If you can get one for $119 then its a great deal.

Lol @ those prices 660 for sure. But you should know that 560 Ti is overpriced. You can get ones for $175 these days

Also, consider that if 660 Ti still comes with borderlands 2, that is about ~$40 shaved off if you sell or play it, making the prices of the 660 and its Ti too close to choose the 660

Even with a cheaper 560 Ti, its substantially higher power consumption can easily mean an additional $20 or more spent over a year, depending on how much you play

Thanks everybody!

A 560ti at 119 is a good deal, but I think you mean 650ti ? Do you have a link to this?

Thanks everybody!

so I guess no matter how many times its asked, you cant give the rest of your specs?

Back