Cant Decide on an LCD

WalkedAirplane

Limp Gawd
Looking for some help with a monitor, I have a $750 - 900 budget max (more flexible if the deal is better, less flexible if I'm paying MSRP).

Usage Breakdown
- 50% Coding & development
- 25% Web browsing
- 20% Photoshop / Softimage
- 5% Gaming

So, size / resolution takes precident, color reproduction matters somewhat, and image lag I dont mind much as long as its not horrific (I've heard the UltraSharp 2408WFP is rather bad).

Monitor's I've been looking at:
Dell 2408WFP
I hear the color / warranty is fantastic, but the lag is horrendous - is it as bad as I hear? Is the lag noticeable in day-to-day usage? I dont game enough that I'll care too terribly much I believe. But still a worry.

Dell 2707WFP
Again, the image lag I hear is bad. Same questions as above.

Planar 26"/Doublesight 26"
These guys are pushing towards the upper end of my budget, and I dont know much about doublesight as a company. I hear this is a great monitor though. Warranty matters a lot to me. Has anyone dealt with Doublesight? I've heard a lot of good about Planar. Price difference is somewhat minor as well.

Dell E248WFP / BenQ V2400W
Both of these are TN panels and come in significantly below my budget, which is nice.However, these probably arent going to cut it for what I need, but perhaps TN color isnt as bad as I'm used to, and I'm not a stickler for it, so there may be money to be saved.

Thoughts? What is the best choice for me here?

Back