Can't decide on 24'

BAC4D00R SP1D0R

Limp Gawd
I know this has been posted countless of times. But I would like your expertise in [H]. Anyways I own a Samsung 206BW and I'm currently trying to get rid of it and buy a good 24 inch monitor. I'm very interested in the 245T. My 4 main things that I will use it for is 1. Gaming, 2. HD Movies, 3. double as a TV, 4. Xbox 360 hookup. I know my current monitor is TN panel but I would like something better perhaps S-PVA or whatever. Care to help me out :D

ok i'm impressed nobody wants to help out.. great service here guys lol:p

anyways I think I decided to get the Samsung 2493HM.. the 245T is too expensive and input lag sucks. Has anybody even had experience with the new 2493HM's? I know granted they are TN but I'm just wondering what the feedback is like.

I think no one is helping out because no one knows of any 24' (foot) screens. That's HUGE! :p

If you can find an LG L246WP (P-MVA) on the cheap, then that might be your best option. Check Best Buy and Circuit City.

You might also want to try out the Westinghouse L2410NM at Best Buy. It's P-MVA and has a lot of inputs, but input lag is its biggest downside.

Other than those, the BenQ G2400W and Gateway FHD2400 are good TN choices with plenty of inputs. The 2493HM is new so there aren't many reviews of it yet.

If you don't need component or composite, the doublesight ds-263n may be right for you.

Yup, nevermind the 24" already. I think it's small too me anyways especially when reading text. The doublesight ds-263n 26" has low input lag also.

If you don't need component or composite, the doublesight ds-263n may be right for you.

yea i was looking that the doublesight.. it looks very impressive even with the IPS panel. One thing I failed to mention is that my budget is only up to 500 dollars. If I had a extra 200 dollars, I would gladly buy it in a second. I went to Best Buy and I was interested in 2 panels so far, Samsung 2493HM or the Gateway Glossy Panel. One thing that bugs me about glossy is reflection of light so I'm more into the matte panel.

Those Gateway 2400FHD are notorious for backlight bleeding. My 24" Gateway S-PVA panel also has backlight bleeding that's noticeable on the upper right hand corner.

alrite well I made up my mind, I'm going to get the Samsung 2493HM. What you all think about this? My budget is 500 bucks or less

I would just wait for this to go on sale at Best Buy. I'm sure it will eventually.

I know this has been posted countless of times. But I would like your expertise in [H]. Anyways I own a Samsung 206BW and I'm currently trying to get rid of it and buy a good 24 inch monitor. I'm very interested in the 245T. My 4 main things that I will use it for is 1. Gaming, 2. HD Movies, 3. double as a TV, 4. Xbox 360 hookup. I know my current monitor is TN panel but I would like something better perhaps S-PVA or whatever. Care to help me out :D

for gaming most report that spva panels have too much input lag and that has been my experience as well, your best choice in a 24 inch panel is one that is PMVA which is a very good compromise between spva and sips, has deeper blacks of the three and very very low input lag compared to the other two, viewing angles very good better than spva I would say but not as good as sips? just my opinion, anyhow FAR BETTER THAN TN thats for sure. PMVA is well worth the expense if you can find one, the lg246 wpbns are no longer made, hard to find a good 24 panel these days, do yourself a favor and pay for a higher quality panel like PMVA, very pleased I did .

Crap.

I misread the model number you were interested in. Thought I saw 2693. Disregard my previous post as it was geared to that one.

2693 went on sale today at Best Buy for $342 plus tax in Paramus NJ. In the store so it was Cheap for the price even if it is a Lousy TN with all the inherent color shifts and gradients. I have another 2 weeks to decide. Nothing around yet so far, and stuck with a BB gift card.

Back