Cant create a GL rendering context (?)

dirtydr

Gawd
Does this error basically mean your video card isnt up to snuff? I ended up going with the console version of f@h but was curious about the cause of this error.

And, ... 800K / top 10 PPD in UD woohoo! :)

The graphical client doesn't play well with OpenGL games. Everyone here highly recommends the console client set as a service. It runs transparently, readily gives up its cycles to other processes (I have no problems playing UT2004, even on my aged Athlon XP 1800), and from what I hear, it's more stable.

Mohonri said:
The graphical client doesn't play well with OpenGL games. Everyone here highly recommends the console client set as a service. It runs transparently, readily gives up its cycles to other processes (I have no problems playing UT2004, even on my aged Athlon XP 1800), and from what I hear, it's more stable A
yes yes and yes...i play WoW and fold no problem.

To the OP: Are you talking F@H or UD?

I got this error when starting the F@H graphical client after installing it. Wasn't gaming but the machine has a questionable v-card (ATI Fire MV 2200) which is why I figured it was not powerful enough. No biggy really, I am liking the console version so far. Should be able to throw a spare 12-15GHz at F@H after getting comfortable with it.

The UD reference was just to rile up the slackers :D

Yes stick with the console client. If you want extra information about ppd and pph, and work unit names and images you can install EMIII.

Cool, thanks. I'll check out that app. It seems somewhat useless to run the gui client anyway. I mean the visuals are kind of cool for a few minutes but the "ooh ahh" factor wears off pretty quickly.

dirtydr said:
Cool, thanks. I'll check out that app. It seems somewhat useless to run the gui client anyway. I mean the visuals are kind of cool for a few minutes but the "ooh ahh" factor wears off pretty quickly.

and dont forget that running the GUI takes away from the folding too

Back