Cant copy things out of zips

awdark

[H]ard|Gawd
I am stumped...
When I try to use the default Windows zip shell extension to copy files out to say my desktop the files never get extracted. Works well with winrar though.

I get the same problem when copying things out of my pocket pc from the folder to my desktop.

>_< now I see the same problem when copying things from the Zen Micro and I cant copy any of the recordings out of it. (Its not acting as a mass storage device, its part of the shell extension stuff)

It shows the copying process... but it never makes it to the desktop or any folder on the computer...

Any ideas?

transfered to operating systems from GS

personally Id start with file associations and would guess its an OS related control
which is why I moved it here for a new set of eyeballs ;)

Thanks for moving it... coudnt decide where to put it.

I know if I just use winrar to extract I can extract files just fine, but this occurs with my other stuff to so I figure I might as well focus on the easy to fix and everyone might know about issue.

The similar trait I see is they are all special folders. Pocket PC, compressed zip, and Zen Micro all need extra stuff to work as part of the computer and somewhere in between transfering it all craps up :(

Any ideas? So far im out of ideas of what I should google for.

Back