Can't connect to XP shares.. (Wireless, Routers, and File Shares)

Kelvie

Limp Gawd
It's a bit long, but any help/opinions would be appreciated !

I have two XP computers, one laptop using Intel 2200BG wireless, and one desktop (which I don't use a monitor for, and control via UltraVNC).

Anyways, I just updated the firmware on my Linksys WRT54GS, and set all the settings again. I also went and got Intel's PROSet software for my wireless. From then on, it said that TCP/IP was disabled when I right click on the system tray icon and click Repair. I had this fixed by reinstalling the drivers three times.

I manually configure my IP address (192.168.1.99), and this has worked in the past. Anyways, I share my C and D drive by making the username/password for XP the same in both the laptop and the computer, an account with administrator privileges (I like to share all my files, as my main computer does not have a monitor). I use XP Pro file sharing.

But after the update, whenever I try to connect to the main computer (which is in the same workgorup), it will say "network path not found". The drives I've mapped also don't work (from the same computer).

I can, however, connect to my other desktop which is connected via wireless.

I can still access my computer via VNC, and when I go to the My Network Places on my main computer, and view the workgroup computers, it says: "The list of servers for this specified workgroup is currently not available."

Networking is not exactly my strong point..

Oops.. looks like I posted in the wrong forum.

Mods?

[Edit: Thanks]

So anything?

Is there anything I can try doing again? I've reinstalled the network drivers, and ran the Network Setup Wizard again already.

What a pathetic single person thread..

Either way, for future searching reference:

All I did was uninstall and reinstall "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" and installed the IPX protocol.

It then worked magically.

WARNING: It erases all your previous shares.

It was quite a pain to go and re-share everything, but oh well, all is well now.

Back