Can't connect to home network share w/ pw

Synful Serenity

[H]ard|Gawd
I have an old Win 98SE comp that I am trying to connect with through my main comp. So they are both plugged into the router, part of the same workgroup, and I can see the Win98 comp from here through Network Places.....I have the C: set as shared on the Win 98 comp, and I can see that as well....

The problem is, I can only open up the C: and browse it when it is not password protected. If it is password protected, a window pops up saying "Connecting to Comp 2", asking for the password, with "User name: Comp 2\Guest" grayed out......As soon as I enter a password and click ok, nothing happens...at all. If I go back to the Win98 comp and remove the password, then I am able to access its files....How come it's not letting me use the C: when it has a password?

add a user account to the 98 box using same username and password as you use on the 2nd computer. Right click on the share and choose properties. On the sharing tab/permissions add the new user account. You should now be able to access the share, but only from a computer using that user account.

Back