Can't connect to a machines hidden shares as Domain Admin?

I currently have 1 machine that I cannot connect to the hidden shares even as Domain Admin. However if I use a machine that is on a workgroup, it connects fine.

Odd thing is, there were 2 machines that should have been built identically, the other machine lets me in just fine as Domain Admin.

Anyone have any idea why this 1 specific machine will not connect using hidden shares? Yes firewall is disabled. 'Simple file sharing' is still enabled, however it is also enabled on the machine that works fine, so I do not believe it is that.

Do you use an imaging solution to build your computers, like Ghost or Acronis?

If so, you may have a duplicate SID issue.

Also, are you sure the machine with the admin share that you're trying to connect to is in the domain? Are you sure that Domain Admins is an administrator of the machine?

How are you trying to connect to it; mapping a drive? Browsing through a UNC? Do you get any error message?

Have you tried connecting via the local administrator account on the machine?

when you are saying hidden shares, you means shared folders, but hidden right ?

I did not image the machines unfortunately they were built by Unisys and I had no control over how they were built. I'm actually checking for duplicate SIDs now.

The account I am using is part of the Domain\Domain Admin's group. And that group is in the administrators group on the local machine. I am trying to connect by UNC share at a RUN prompt (\\machinename\c$).

When I said hidden shares I meant Admin shares sry. If I create a hidden share on my own I am able to connect just fine. Any admin shares however do not connect (C$, D$, Admin$, IPC$). And trying to login via the local administrator account does not work either.

EDIT: No duplicate SIDs either.

Back